Naati Koli saaru / Chicken Curry
This is for you.......... ardent fans of chicken :)
Dedicated to all Chicken Lovers .... :)
Wow! Naati koli saaru .. bisi bisi mudde.... what a combination :)
Its almost same as regular Chicken curry what i prepare with little here and there modifications.
This Naati koli is healthy than the broiler one they say...
Because in Broilers they are forced to grow rapidly to meet the need in market .. So they are injected with steroid kind of chemicals to make it more fleshy in short period of time! (These are all just heard news .. am not sure about it either :)
As usual weekend arrived and was confused whether Broiler or Naati..
Anyways i had heard lot about Naati .. its much tastier, healthier, keeps body warmer.. blah blah ... blah...
So thought of trying Naati Koli Saaru..
Its less fleshy, a bit tougher than regular chicken, bones are very thin!!..
Anyways have decided to try that.. so started cooking ..
Step by step on how to prepare Naati Koli Saaru
Naati Koli / Country Chicken - 1/2 kg
Black Pepper corns - 12 to 5 no's
Poppy seeds - 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi - 2 tsp (Optional)
Red Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Saunf / Fennel Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 3 inch
Cloves - 10 no's
Fried Gram - 1 tbsp
Black Cumin / Shahi jeera -1/4 tsp
Onion - 3 No
Ginger - 2 inch
Garlic Pods - 20 No's
Cilantro leaves - 5 sticks
Green Chilly - 3 No's
Curd - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
- Since the Naati Koli stew will not be thick, So in order to thicken the curry use fried gram.Instead can use Cashew, due to its high calorie am using fried gram (instead of cashew nuts).
- Curd gives a bit tangy taste to curry and also acts as cooling agent
- Grind pepper corns,poppy seeds, turmeric, red chilly powder, coriander powder, Cinnamon, kala jeera, Cloves, fennel seeds.
- Fry Onion, Garlic , Ginger in little oil and after cool, grind all together.
- Heat the oil in pan, Add kasoori methi, then add ground masala.
- Fry for 2 min.
- Then add Curd and fry the mixture for another 2 min.
- Then add lemon juice and Cleaned Chicken
- Saute well till oil starts floating.
- Then add Salt to taste.
- And water to the curry consistency.
- Cook till the chicken is tender.
- Cook Nearly 15 to 20 minutes with closed lid .
- You can see oil floating, then add Cilantro leaves and Green chilly
- After 2 min put off the flame.
- And the Naati koli saaru is ready to serve.